SRH Illness Response
THERE HAVE BEEN NO REPORTED CASES OF THE COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS AT SMITH RANCH HOMES AT THIS TIME.
Should any cases be reported and confirmed, the Board of Directors and management are committed to working with the City of San Rafael Health and Human Services Department on the appropriate response for our community.
We recognize Smith Ranch Homes is a vulnerable, at-risk facility per Center for Disease Control guidelines, meaning many of those residing at Smith Ranch Homes are at a higher risk of getting very sick from respiratory diseases such as COVID-19. This includes older adults and/or people who have serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes, or lung disease. As such, we have taken the following steps:
- Canceling all public gatherings, including seated dinner and lunch service (meals will be delivered), lounge service, committee/volunteer group meetings, Board meetings (will be televised on Channel 998), activities, excursions, exercise classes, movies, and transportation services.
- Closing any community-based facilities including the Beauty Salon, Library, and Card Room.
- Implementing a strict policy to send employees home if ill in accordance with CDC guidelines and distributing a notice to all guests, vendors, and caregivers to stay away if any signs of illness.
- Providing hand sanitizer and handwashing reminders throughout the common areas in the Clubhouse. Due to limited supplies nationally, we are not able to place sanitizers in building common areas.
- Multiple daily sanitizing of our common areas including hallways, elevators, handrails, etc.
- Closing Guest Rooms to prevent possible outside contamination.
- Suspending all Maintenance and Housekeeping work inside residential units, unless in the case of emergencies.
As of the posting of this notice on the website, all residents should limit their time out of their unit and observe the statewide Shelter in Place order.
If you must leave your unit, take the following precautions:
- Keep six feet of space between yourself and others, show any symptoms of being sick (cough, stuffy nose, etc.)
- Avoid crowds as much as possible
If you have further questions and/or need any guidance on how to appropriately respond to the COVID-19 Pandemic, please contact John Patrick Maura, General Manager, at email@example.com.